King Cobras


Having spent the day with pupils from Hermitage Park up at Lochend Secret Garden, I was desperate to get down to the allotment to tend my own. pat was with me as he was off school with a virus, so the pair of us headed down to catch the last couple if hours of a blazing hot Edinburgh day. Nothing too strenuous, just a dousing of the hose from Patrick, as I cleared/ strimmed a new fire terrace ( that terr-aas, by the way!) for the summer season.

Everything coming on well in the greenhouse: Lettuces, summer and autumn cabbages, purple sprouting broccoli all an inch high. The French beans (Cobra) are doing away so potted them on (see pic). The only seeds that didn't work were the calabrase, as the seeds were too old, so popped along to my wee high voiced pal at New Hailes, and bought myself 9 plants for a princely £1.70. Also relented to Maggie's requests for strawberries...

Meanwhile outside and the late plantings of the broad beans and beet root are comng through... Am up early heading off early to get the calabrase and strawberrys in whilst the sun comes up... A brand new day! Good luck...